September 27, 2009

A hole in the wall and other stories

So not much has happened so far. A few funny experiences to recount though...

First, I asked if my room was done at breakfast yesterday and they said no. They then point at a wall and tell me that they have to tear it down so that I could have a door from my new room into the kitchen. They are tearing their house apart for me. Nice but funny. We´ll see when its done...

Also, my two brothers also still do not talk to me. But, one has now walked in on me on the toilet, so, maybe he will talk to me soon? After that I had a very awkward lesson with my mom about how to lock doors...

Finally, my parents are evangelical, that I knew, so I asked if I could go to church to have a cultural experience. Little did I know how much this could change things... luckily a few other people are in the same boat. Essentially it is a new age christian church that is very very very active and a bit pushy, and it turns out my mom is the band´s singer and my dad is the co-pastor. Needless to say, God has entered my life. Literally, everything they talk about now is about God, and they are constantly telling me that they prey for a good site for me that is close so I can visit them after I leave for site. It is all very nice, though slightly overwhelming at times,like this morning, at church again, when they had all three of us volunteers go to sunday school with the teenagers where a 15 year old told us how to rid ourselves of carnal emotions and have a good marriage...


luckily all of this is padded by delicious cold mate with herbs to sip on as a group. Now we sit and wait until drinking straight out of the faucet makes us sick...

until later,
love,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Loving your stories! Keep them coming- praying never hurt anyone, but those new-age Christians are rather pushy. I look forward to the photos. Package coming by FedEx- Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete