October 22, 2009

In practice

A quick note;

today David and I had our first actual dia de practica (or a day to practice finding and making work for ourselves once we get to site). We are working at the public high school teaching about trash and recycling and the like. We started off today with teaching the decomposition time of trash (who knew that a cigarrette butt takes 4 years to decompose?) Anyways, it went really well! I love working with teenagers, they were hilarious, as in the states.

Beyond that things are going well, though repetative. First Guarani interview on Friday... a bit scared, but we´ll see. Also, family is good, although this morning there was no water because of a storm last night and my host mom said, ¨now God is punishing us, the end of the world is beginning¨ . . . I laughed, and she turned to me and said, ¨no, seriously¨. Hopefully the domesday (sp?) sentiment ends before I get home for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment