December 10, 2009

Brief Comments

So time has shortened, and swearing in is only a day away. In the mean time, I did manage to hammer my finger yesterday, and it did not break! So now it is just huge. red, hurting, and covered in a very large bandage, which may or may not end up in my swearing in photos...

anyways, i have some brief instances on why sometimes paraguay is great. The first is that due to the massive number of toads (kururu in Guarani and very fun to say) and frogs here, all along the streets of Paraguay there is a massive game of Frogger going on. Needless to say, the real toads and frogs are not nearly as smooth as my own hand at the computer, and as I step on, over or by around 20 dried toads smooshed flat on the ruta every time I walk home, I must say, Paraguay's motor invasion is totally kicking the local frogs rear behinds.

Another thing that always puts a smile on my face are the random English t-shirts that make it down here. The best two are as follows: first, on a girl my age in hooded, tank-top form "sun you buns... IN HELL" with flames and flowers adorning. Second, on a middle-aged very american looking older women who clearly had no idea what she was wearing around at her young child's school bash "FRESHMAN: the hookups of tomorrow."

OK, now its back to training for the last day. Swearing in this weekend with photos of my site and other updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment